Grant Assistant is a part-time administrative position that supports the Grant Coordinator. This position will work across agency departments to coordinate, compile and update programmatic data; organize and conduct stewardship activities with foundations; help with data collection and data entry; and collaborate with program staff to assist with development of Continuous Quality Improvement protocols for all departments.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Health Education, Psychology, or other related fields
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Expertise with Excel and Access; expertise with Raiser’s Edge preferable
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong computer and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Skilled in the use of computers, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Internet.
- Must be people and results centered.
- Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, language, writing, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations
Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager
Looking for a fun, energetic team to serve formerly homeless families? Join our Housing Team at Bethany House Services. We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for providing professional supportive services to formerly homeless individuals residing in permanent supportive housing programs. Your primary role in this position will include Case Management services to formerly homeless Individuals. This includes working with clients to develop life skills that will lead to greater self-sufficiency and housing retention; providing information, referrals and crisis intervention as needed; keeping case files and VESTA up-to-date, thorough, and accurate; assisting in compiling program statistics; assisting Housing Director in designing, planning and implementing program services, with an emphasis on building accountability for program participants as they strive to move forward in their lives.
Emergency Shelter Case Manager
- Coordinate case management services for eligible shelter diversion families who have been referred by the Central Assess Point Line.
- Assist the client in developing an individual action case management plan which will result in personal and family stabilization, gaining knowledge and accessibility to community resources, obtaining referrals for job training, employment, income assistance and relocation to permanent, affordable housing.
- Provide follow-up services as required by Shelter Diversion program for families who move to permanent housing.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work related field; Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with homeless or low income populations; Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; Able to meet BHS vehicle insurance requirements; License to practice social work in Ohio is a plus; or if unlicensed must be willing to sit for license within 6 months of employment.
Part time Resident Assistant
This Part-time Resident Assistant position provides supportive services to program participants in consultation with the case manager in keeping with the program philosophy and goals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with inventory control, distribute supplies and restock areas with appropriate supplies.
- Supervise guests in the general cleaning of the shelter/apartments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings.
- Take care of any minor repairs and maintenance and report any major repairs to the Shelter Coordinator or the Shelter Director and follow up with the guests.
- Drive 15-passenger van to transport families as needed, drive the cargo van when needed.
- Supervise volunteers assigned to projects at facilities as needed.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
Contact Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director for more information about these positions.