Emergency Shelter Case Manager
- Coordinate case management services for eligible shelter diversion families who have been referred by the Central Assess Point Line.
- Assist the client in developing an individual action case management plan which will result in personal and family stabilization, gaining knowledge and accessibility to community resources, obtaining referrals for job training, employment, income assistance and relocation to permanent, affordable housing.
- Provide follow-up services as required by Shelter Diversion program for families who move to permanent housing.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work related field; Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with homeless or low income populations; Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; Able to meet BHS vehicle insurance requirements; License to practice social work in Ohio is a plus; or if unlicensed must be willing to sit for license within 6 months of employment.
This Resident Assistant position provides supportive services to program participants in consultation with the case manager in keeping with the program philosophy and goals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with inventory control, distribute supplies and restock areas with appropriate supplies.
- Supervise guests in the general cleaning of the shelter/apartments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings.
- Take care of any minor repairs and maintenance and report any major repairs to the Shelter Coordinator or the Shelter Director and follow up with the guests.
- Drive 15-passenger van to transport families as needed, drive the cargo van when needed.
- Supervise volunteers assigned to projects at facilities as needed.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
Contact Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director for more information about these positions.
Life Skills Facilitator
Under the direction of the Emergency Shelter Director and Assistant Director, this position will be responsible for researching, designing, implementing and conducting life skills classes for the Shelter clients.
This position will support and service the case plans of the Shelter Clients by offering life skills programs such as Job Training, Job Readiness, Financial Literacy, Next Step Preparation, Parenting classes, Safety, etc.
In addition to the Life Skills Facilitation, this position provides supportive services to program participants in consultation with the case manager in keeping with the program philosophy and goals.
This position also works with the social services team to oversee the operation of the shelters and for ensuring a safe environment supervising guests, guest orientations, exit interviews and apartment checks. This position is also responsible for communicating with co-workers to ensure continuity between shifts. Responsibilities also include general cleaning, minor maintenance and preparation of rooms for all shelter guests. This position is also responsible for communicating Policies/procedures and house activities to families and communicating with other Bethany House Shelter staff members.