On Call -Shelter Assistant
We are looking for individuals who are willing to work with the social services team to oversee the operation of the family shelter. You will be responsible for ensuring a safe environment supervising guests, guest orientations, exit interviews and room checks. You will be responsible for communicating with co-workers to ensure continuity between shifts. Responsibilities also include general cleaning, minor maintenance and preparation of rooms for all shelter participants. You will be responsible for communicating Policies/procedures and house activities to families and communicating with other Bethany House Shelter staff members. Available shifts- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Must be willing to work based on the COVID-19 Safety Protocols.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- At least two years of working experience with the homeless population is preferred.
- Understand and have demonstrated de-escalating techniques which includes effective listening skills.
- Excellent customer services skills: demonstrated ability to work with clients.
- Good judgment so you can respond to emergencies or difficult situations.
- Good instructional skills to be able to explain things in terms that young children can understand.
- Interpersonal skills to work well with people
- Patience to be able to respond calmly to overwhelming and difficult situations.
- Physical stamina – lots of energy
- Must be able to complete a criminal background check and drug test.
Qualified candidates should email resumes to
Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director
513-557-2404 or email her at email@example.com