Social Services Worker
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the community? Bethany House Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Bethany House Services (BHS) is looking for you. We have a perfect opportunity for you to join our staff as a Social Services Worker.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Working with the shelter team to oversee the operation of the shelters and for ensuring a safe environment, particularly as it pertains to supervising guests, receiving new guests, and conducting intakes and exits of guests.
- Communicating and enforcing policies and procedures with guests as well as effectively communicating with co-workers to ensure continuity between shifts.
- Performs general cleaning, minor maintenance and preparation of rooms for all shelter guests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years working with at-risk individuals and groups.
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work well with others, have high levels of motivation & house management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Able to meet BHS vehicle insurance requirements
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and drug test
BHS offers a competitive cafeteria of benefits.
Interested? Please email your cover letter and resume to Mary Bennett Brown
Bethany House Services
An Equal Opportunity Employer