Do you want to empower at-risk families who are experiencing homelessness? Then check us out!
We are hiring!
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the community? Bethany House Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering at-risk families who are experiencing homelessness with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Bethany House Services (BHS) is looking for you.
Then check out these job opportunities….
Housing Case Manager
In this role you will be responsible for coordinating case management services for assigned cases identified by the Coordinated Assessment system to the various housing Programs. You will assist the client in developing an individual action case management plan which will result in personal and family stabilization, gaining knowledge and accessibility to community resources, obtaining referrals for job training, employment, income assistance and relocation to permanent, affordable housing. You will also provide follow-up services as required by RRH for families who move to permanent housing.
You must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work; License to practice social work in Ohio is preferred; If unlicensed must be willing to sit for license within 6 months of employment; Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with homeless population preferred.
We are looking for individuals who are willing to work with the social services team to oversee the operation of the family shelter. You will be responsible for ensuring a safe environment supervising guests, guest orientations, exit interviews and room checks. You will be responsible for communicating with co-workers to ensure continuity between shifts. Responsibilities also include general cleaning, minor maintenance and preparation of rooms for all shelter participants. You will be responsible for communicating Policies/procedures and house activities to families and communicating with other Bethany House Shelter staff members. Available shift is from 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Monday – Friday.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- At least two years of working experience with the homeless population is preferred.
- Understand and have demonstrated de-escalating techniques which includes effective listening skills.
- Excellent customer services skills: demonstrated ability to work with clients.
- Good judgment so you can respond to emergencies or difficult situations.
- Good instructional skills to be able to explain things in terms that young children can understand.
- Interpersonal skills to work well with people
- Patience to be able to respond calmly to overwhelming and difficult situations.
- Physical stamina – lots of energy
- Must be able to complete a criminal background check and drug test.
On-Call Social Service Workers
You will work alongside other Social Service Workers to meet the needs of our clients. These positions are for 16-20 hours per week and are for 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift including weekends. You will be responsible for general operations of shelter to ensure safety and hospitality of clients/volunteers/staff; provide tours of the shelter when clients arrive; oversee shelter’s inventory of material needs and provide weekly needs list to Chief Operations Officer.
The most successful candidates will have a High School Diploma and a valid driver’s license. Experience with the homeless population is a plus!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to
Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director
Bethany House Services