WE ARE HIRING!
Bethany House Services’ mission is to empower homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Our vision is for families to live in a community where they have a place to call home and no one spends a night without shelter. We are looking for an individual who has a desire to make a difference in serving families who are experiencing homelessness.
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the community? Bethany House Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Bethany House Services (BHS) is looking for you.
Then check out these job opportunities….
TANF- Case Manager -Shelter – Part Time
You will be accountable for working one0on-one with the TANF-Rapid Rehousing participants. You will handle residents’ problems case-by-case, which might include struggles with domestic violence, physical or emotional illness, alcoholism, drug abuse and other conditions that contributed to their homelessness. Case managers coordinate services for clients who need permanent housing, health care, finance help or job training. This position provides families who have effectively exited the shelter 4 months or less of follow-up services in our TANF-Rapid Rehousing Program.
You must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work related field; minimum of 5 years’ experience working with homeless or low income populations; Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; able to meet BHS vehicle insurance requirements; License to practice social work in Ohio is a plus; or if unlicensed must be willing to sit for license within 6 months of employment.
DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR- PART TIME
Looking for a fun, energetic team to serving homeless families? Join our Team at Bethany House Services. We are looking for a member of the Development Department, who will be primarily responsible for administering, maintaining and updating Raiser’s Edge donor database system for the agency. You will provide precise and accurate data for development projects to reach departmental goals. This position will work closely with the Development Director, as well as the Chief Executive Officer, to plan and execute marketing initiatives that meet program and fundraising goals. Knowledge of CRM systems, social media management, website development and/or marketing skills are a plus for in this position.
The successful candidate must be an expert with Raiser’s Edge and have impeccable attention to detail and superb administrative skills. You must have strong quantitative, analytical and writing skills. A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or other related disciplines; or equivalent years in experience is a plus.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT- ACCOUNTS PAYABLES
You would be responsible for recording and processing accounts payable and cash receipts. This position is also responsible for recording and processing accounts payable transactions for landlord payments in VESTA, the computerized account system for BHS.
You would be responsible for…
- Preparing accounts payables, issuing checks or EFT transactions and assisting in allocating expenses in accounting system for Bethany House Services.
- Helping to maintain accounting system to allow retrieval and comparison of critical funding and budget information.
- Processing and maintaining online vendor payables.
- Maintaining, organizing, and issuing VESTA rental assistance payments for Rapid Rehousing and Transitional Housing programs. Ensure funding is available in the cash accounts.
- Entering cash receipts for Bethany House Services. Communicating with CFO to assure cash flow is adequate to cover checks issued.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate, comprehensive and current documentation on operating procedures related to standard operating procedures.
We are looking for you if you meet the following requirements….
- Have a Bachelor Degree in accounting is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting and preferably non-profit accounting
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and accounting programs including Blackbaud and Financial Edge.
- Superior communication skills required, and knowledge of computer networking and common word-processing software, databases, spreadsheets, and communication technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with auditors, volunteers and in a team environment
Please submit your resume for consideration to