WE ARE HIRING!
Bethany House Services’ mission is to empower homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Our vision is for families to live in a community where they have a place to call home and no one spends a night without shelter. We are looking for an individual who has a desire to make a difference in serving families who are experiencing homelessness.
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the community? Bethany House Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Bethany House Services (BHS) is looking for you.
Then check out these job opportunities….
HOUSING CASE MANAGER
In this role you will be responsible for coordinating case management services for assigned cases identified by the Coordinated Assessment system to the various housing Programs. You will assist the client in developing an individual action case management plan which will result in personal and family stabilization, gaining knowledge and accessibility to community resources, obtaining referrals for job training, employment, income assistance and relocation to permanent, affordable housing. You will also provide follow-up services as required by RRH for families who move to permanent housing.
You must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work; License to practice social work in Ohio is preferred; If unlicensed must be willing to sit for license within 6 months of employment; Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with homeless population preferred.
VOLUNTEER/SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
This particular position reports directly to the Development Director and works with other members of the Leadership Team in the implementation of programs, policies and practices that assist Bethany House Services achieve its mission and fundraising goals. This position is responsible for positively responding to internal and external audiences which includes marketing volunteer opportunities and donations on agency website, various social media, volunteer match; and proactively working within the organization and in our communities to make Bethany House Services be both the “provider and the employer of choice.” In addition, this position is responsible for planning, managing, implementing and evaluating special events for the agency, specifically for the homeless population.
We are looking for you if you have the following qualities…..
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to learn and improve continuously.
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector, with emphasis in volunteer services management and special events.
- Help communicate BHS’s brand and initiatives efficiently and accurately via many channels (website, printed materials, social media, etc.)
- Assist in developing and implementing content for website, program materials, social media
- Bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience with the homeless population;
- Non- profit experience volunteer recruitment and management and special events management;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Multi-task efficiently while managing various projects
- Exceptional writing and professional communication skills; ability to adapt writing style depending on audience needs.
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client and donor expectations.
- Experience in working in the field of development and/or marketing/PR;
- Knowledge of information technology, computer systems, and software; proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Constant Contact and related tools and applications;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (RE) database or equivalent is preferred and experience in social media and website management is required.
Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director
513-557-2404 or email her at email@example.com
for more information about this position.