Aftercare Services Case Manager
Looking for a fun, energetic team to serve formerly homeless families? Join our Team at Bethany House Services. We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for providing professional services which includes case management, connection to community resources, crisis intervention and connection to emergency financial assistance to families that have exited the homeless services system, whether this exit is directly from Shelter Diversion, Emergency Shelter, or from a supportive housing program. Aftercare services are intended to help families maintain/stabilize in housing and reduce rates of return to homelessness by improving self-sufficiency; achieving financial stability by ensuring income is sufficient to meet financial obligations and reducing trauma and increasing trauma symptom management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field, with a minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless individuals and other disadvantaged populations in crisis Master’s Degree a plus.
- LSW license is a plus; clinical supervision toward licensure is available
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience with a non-profit organization preferably working in a social services environment.
- At least two years-experience working with low-income or homeless individuals/families
- Minimum of two years-experience working with chronic homeless, chemically dependent and individuals diagnosed with mental health conditions
- Basic knowledge of HUD Programs
- Experience with wrap-around services preferred
- Experience/knowledge of housing placements
- Experience in conducting home visits
- Understanding of area resources to provide quality referrals for individuals client needs
- Experience with daily recordkeeping in VESTA database
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as other web-based programs that will enhance the position.
Interested? Please email your cover letter and resume to
Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director
An Equal Opportunity Employer